🇨🇴 A decent life for the coffee farmer and the land 🇨🇴
– Restoring coffee farming and soils.
– Knowledge of protecting soil and coffee plant.
– Local consumption and export of Coffee.
The reality of the coffee farmer in Colombia
The farmer’s contribution to the cost of a cappuccino or latte or frappuccino is much greater than the share he collects from the final product,
This final string is totally unfair in the way prices are set.
Receiving a price higher than the market price is the only way for
“The coffee farmers to return to a decent life.”
The buyer, being able to manage the business as a distributor, could pay the coffee grower much more than the spot market price, giving him the benefit he deserves, since his contribution is much greater, acting in this way would be the well-deserved recognition of the coffee grower since the generous Colombian land at the public price
Colombia is a coffee producer country,
And in a coffee-producing country its inhabitant must have access to the coffee it produces, a 100% Arabica coffee and not consume a coffee with such a significant percentage of Robusta or Quackers. In other words, how is it possible that in Colombia when you review the national import list and see that the import quantities* of bad coffee that is brought from countries like Indonesia, Vietnam or Ecuador to a country that has wanted to take care of the quality of your coffee is that big? That means that there are people who are mixing a lot of national coffee with this coffee from abroad and that is what Colombians get, and for a price with even quite high margins.
It is not fair at all, being a coffee producing country, people have the right to drink locally produced 100% arabica coffee and at an affordable local price.
[* Import report DIAN 092022]
We are going to study with schemes the most appropriate way to achieve social security for coffee growers and restoration of coffee agriculture, including rapprochement with the State, being the Colombian Coffee Grower and the Colombian Soil an absolute part of the responsibility of this entity.
A. Coffee growers
- Benefits coffee families and their workers / social security and old age pension.
- Understand the 5 points of regenerative agriculture and apply them respecting each farm its particularity and adaptability.
- A powerful green coffee in sensory attributes for the local Colombian market and the international market, no spot price, just fair price.
- Direct trade between coffee growers and coffee buyers.
B. Colombian Coffee Roaster
- Knowledge for the selection, threshing, roasting and packaging of specialty coffee.
- Direct trade between coffee roasters and roasted coffee buyers.